Servicing a claim from a bank guarantee granted by another bank
If you are a beneficiary of a bank guarantee issued by another bank (i.e. Third Party Guarantee) and you have a need to submit a claim for payment (claim), but in accordance with the content of the Third Party Guarantee, is required:
- confirmation of the signatures and representation of the persons signed on the claim on behalf of the beneficiary by the bank maintaining your account, or
- confirmation of signatures and representation of persons signed on the claim on behalf of the beneficiary and submission of the claim via the bank maintaining your account
Citi Handlowy may perform the service in the form of confirmation of signatures and representation of persons signing the claim on behalf of the beneficiary and sending the claim to the bank that granted the bank guarantee.
The service does not apply to insurance guarantees, i.e. issued by insurers.
Citi Handlowy may perform the claim service ordered only by the beneficiary who is a Citi Handlowy Client (an entity with an account at our Bank).
How does it work:
- A completed and properly signed “Order for claim for payment service” should be submitted
- The Order should be accompanied by the original claim and a copy of the bank guarantee granted by another bank
- The Order should be submitted to Citi Handlowy no later than 5 business days before the expiry date of the given bank guarantee
- The Order should be sent to the address indicated in the Order
Orders that do not meet the above criteria will be rejected by the Bank.